Subscibe to keep notified of new recipies and products
3 cups All Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Salt
2 tbsp. Olive oil
1 tbsp. Granulated Sugar
1 packet Active Dry Yeast (1/4 ounce)
1 cup Water (lukewarm)
Fool-Proof Pizza Dough
1. Preheat oven to 450°F
2. Pour lukewarm water into a bowl and sprinkle in sugar and yeast and leave for 10 minutes or until froth starts to form on the surface.
3. In a separate bowl, sieve flour and salt and create a well in the center.
4. Pour half of the yeast mixture and olive oil into the well and mix them into your flour mix, gradually add the remaining yeast mixture until you end up with a soft dough (if it is too sticky, add a little bit more flour).
5. Knead the dough on a floured surface until it is smooth and elastic.
6. Leave the dough to rest in an oiled bowl and cover with a dishcloth until it has doubled in size.
7. Punch out any air bubbles and return the dough to the oiled bowl to rest for 10 minutes. 8. Using a floured Pizza Royale French Rolling Pin, Roll into shape. This is enough dough to make either one 12” deep dish crust or two standard 12” pizza crusts. 9. Place the shaped dough onto a Pizza Royale Pizza Peel which has been coated with cornmeal or flour and top with your choice of sauce and toppings.
10. Following the instructions of ‘how to use your Pizza Royale Pizza Peel’ to place your pizza onto a baking stone for 8-10 minutes.
11. Remove, add toppings and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes (or until the base is crispy and the cheese is bubbling) rotating it halfway through the baking process.
TIP: Any pizza base that is made with oil will make the dough sticky so insure your Pizza Royale Pizza Peel is coated well with flour or cornmeal before placing your dough on it.
TIP: If you have a bread machine, skip steps 1-5 and place the ingredients in according to the machines instructions using the ‘dough’ setting
To create beautifully crafted pizza baking tools from ethically-sourced materials, that you can feel proud to own, use and show to friends & family.
11424 Reeder Rd
+1 601 691 1827
Pizza Royale | All copy rights reserved